Side sliding garage doors as the name suggests slide around the corner of your garage, insulated, secure and beautiful designs to choose from, makes it a perfect choice for your garage.
30 Years in Business
Save space above your garage, insulated and secure
Side sliding or ‘round the corner’ garage doors are suspended from a top track and, as their name suggests, slide open along an internal garage wall. We can also fit a partition for the door to slide into, so you can still have full use of the garage wall, and with no door or tracks suspended under the ceiling, a side sliding door can free up the garage space considerably.
Popular Side Sliding Designs
With all the benefits of a sectional garage door but turned on its side to slide around the corner, the side sliding sectional garage door is an exceptional door. View popular designs below.
Popular Colour Options
Side sliding doors are available in a huge range of colours, choose from modern property colours such as greys or pale colours for more traditional homes or make your home stand out with a bright colour. Please note that the colours are not a true representation of the final product, colours may vary in shade when viewed on different devices.
After you’ve decided on a colour take a look at the finishes available for your door, from silky smooth finishes to natural timber effect finishes. Take a look below to see some examples of the finishes available for your new side sliding garage door.
Easy Access, Secure, Insulated and Convenient
Side sliding garage doors can be manually or automatically operated. A fully automatic door can be programmed to have a ‘partial open’ function which provides easy pedestrian access to the garage without having to fully open the door. Like the sectional garage door the door also provides considerably insulation and is 42mm thick, very secure and comes with weather seals around the frame.
- Side sliding garage doors require very little maintenance, never require to be painted and last for a long time.
- Certified RC2 security equipment with anti lift mechanism, which automatically locks your door securely and protects it against forced entry.
- Hormann side sliding doors are tested and certified in accordance with the high safety requirements of European standard 13241.
- All major door and operator components are developed and manufactured by Hormann and stress tested under real conditions.
- Hormann’s operators are designed with speed & safety in mind, allowing you to easy access your garage door with ease.
- In case there is no other way into the garage we will install a manual release to access the garage in case of an emergency.
Side Sliding Brochure
Discover more technical information, styles, designs and door accessories through Hormann’s sectional garage door brochure below.
Raising Standards, Advancing Safety
We’re members of the Door & Hardware Federation and comply with the latest advice on safety and standards.
Reasons to choose Hormann’s Side Sliding Garage Door
Hormann’s side sliding garage doors are engineered in Germany, very reliable and save huge amounts of space with there clever design, all the parts and doors are manufactured by Hormann and stress tested under real life conditions to ensure a high quality functioning product. One of the best benefits of the side sliding door is the ability to partially open the door for quick access. Find out more information by getting in touch or browsing the brochure.
Installed behind the opening
Side sliding doors require less headroom than other types of door and, because they fit behind the opening, can work well with different shaped garage openings. This also means you have the full width and height of the garage opening available.